- An entire bonobo carcass is sold as bushmeat in the Kindu market for a price of 50 U.S. dollars.
- Bonobo nests in the south (Maniema Province) are larger than bonobo nests in the north (Orientale Province). Sounds rather like a Texas-Dakota phenomenon?
- The Balanga (important ethnic group in TL2) often “call in” bonobo when hunting them.
Demonstration 1 — This method calls all monkeys:
Demonstration 2 – This method specifically calls bonobos:
- Today bonobos are most frequently killed with 12 caliber rifles but Major Ranger, a Maimai, killed two with an AK47 in one evening.
- Not only do bonobos only occur in the country of DR Congo and only in the forests on the left bank of the Congo River, but there are also large holes in their limited distribution. In some areas they have been hunted to local extinction, in other areas they may never have existed.
Add a comment — whether question, criticism or another lesser-known fact.